Authors/Contributors

Susan R. HendersonFollow

Document Type

Article

Date

1999

Keywords

Lauweriks Theosophy Osthaus Hagen

Language

English

Disciplines

Architectural History and Criticism | Architecture | Modern Art and Architecture

Description/Abstract

This article is about the architects KPC de Bazel (1869-1923) and JLM Lauweriks (1864-1932) and the development of their architectural practice in light of their theosophical beliefs. It discusses the theosophical group active in Amsterdam around the journals Architektura et Amicitia and Wendingen. It discusses Lauweriks work in Hagen, and his academic career at the Dusseldorf Academy. It begins with a more general introduction to Theosophy

Additional Information

This work was originally e-published by Kent State University in the journal Architronic. The journal is no longer available online.

Source

submission

Creative Commons License

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.

Share

COinS