About: SURFACE, Syracuse University's Institutional Repository
What is SURFACE?
SURFACE is Syracuse University's digital repository–a free, open access resource providing long-term preservation to a broad range of content including: articles, books, journals, dissertations and theses, conference proceedings, videos, and more. Sharing your work on SURFACE helps build a more equitable and sustainable information ecosystem through the free and open sharing of scholarship. SURFACE publishing options are open to all SU-affiliated faculty, staff, or students.
Why should you publish in SURFACE?
SURFACE provides authors with:
- Continuing SURFACE team support including:
- Persistent identifiers for scholars and articles (ORCIDs and DOIs)
- Assistance in the publishing process
- Indexing support for journals published on SURFACE
- Increased reach and impact of your scholarship through strong search-engine optimization (including Google and Google Scholar)
- Personalized monthly readership reports
- Avenue for questions on open access scholarship and publishing, and what qualifies for SURFACE at email@example.com
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as our policies and procedures pages listed below: