The Goal of SURFACE
SURFACE, the Syracuse University Research Facility and Collaborative Environment, is a database that will provide access to the extensive and diverse array of work produced at SU. Its purpose is to gather, organize, disseminate, and preserve the cultural and scholarly record. Making the richness of SU knowledge available to the world through free and open access is the very essence of fulfilling the mission of education as a public good.
How to Join SURFACE
Members of the SU academic community are invited to contribute their scholarship for preservation and worldwide accessibility through the SURFACE. Should you have any questions or have materials that need to be digitized for submissions, please contact SURFACE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collection Development Policy (Who can contribute and what can be included)
- Copyright/Permission Policy
- Digital Preservation Policy (File Formats we support)
- Access and Use Policy (under review...)
- Data Policy (under review...)
- General SURFACE submission guidelines
- Electronic Dissertations/Theses SURFACE submission guidelines